Joel Hitchcock at Reinhard Bonnke Gospel Campaign Ondo 2003

The Power of Mass Crusade Evangelism

Joel Hitchcock at Reinhard Bonnke's Gospel Campaign in Ondo, Nigeria - 2003. 




Greetings in the name of Jesus, our Great God and Savior! (Titus 2:13) 

I would like to share with you one of my greatest memories, and also something else that will really be a great blessing (depending on if my visa is granted.) 

Nigeria 2003:
  
It was in 2003. I was on my way to India to hold, what I thought would be our largest Gospel Campaign ever. 

I first flew to Nigeria, and then to India. Before I tell you about this crusade in Nigeria, I have to tell you that we were severely persecuted in India. 

Radical religious factions (in cohorts with the powers that be) arranged a riot and then shut our meetings down. But even though our crusade was a sad disappointment, we won a court case there, which has served as a legal precedent for the Indian Christians’ right to freedom of worship, which their constitution was supposed to already protect. 

And even though we never reached the 100,000 souls in a single meeting as we had anticipated, God blessed me with a wonderful opportunity! 

As I already said, on the way to India I first went to Nigeria, to join one of my heroes in evangelism, Reinhard Bonnke, at his crusade there, in the city of Ondo Town, Ondo. 

I was utterly surprised when Brother Reinhard asked me to speak for a few minutes on the Saturday night. Long story made short, I preached a 7 ½ minute message to 500,000 people, on “Experience JESUS!” 

I witnessed Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke lead over a million souls to Jesus, of which exactly 1,042,024 were able to fill out a decision card each so that they could be followed up. I saw many miracles, and in one of the meetings I saw about 500,000 people crying out to God for the baptism in the Holy Ghost and speaking in other tongues. It was like thunder. It was amazing.

Nigeria 2017:

Well, God willing, I will go back to Nigeria. As I write this letter I am still waiting for my visa to be approved, but I am positive that I will get it. 

This Gospel Campaign is Evangelist Bonnke’s Farewell Crusade (but not his last.) 

The reasons I am going are:

(1) to witness an event that could potentially be the largest single gathering of believers in 2,000 years of Christian history; 

(2) Support the man of God that has poured so much into me by his example of zeal and faithfulness to the Lord; and

(3) Receive a special touch from God;

Thank you so much for your financial support and for your prayers.

God bless you, Joel & Heidi Hitchcock

PS: If you feel led by the Lord to send a special offering, you can send it to Joel Hitchcock Ministries, PO Box 936, Georgetown DE 19947, USA. You can also make a donation online. Click HERE to make an online donation to Joel Hitchcock Ministries.

Also, remember Joel’s books are available for purchase. Click here to purchase Joel Hitchcock's books.